Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Still here!

We're still here! Just been very busy over the past few months. With a new puppy, work trip to France and vacation to Florida we've been going, going, going...

Oliver is doing great! He is growing and is now 9.3 lbs. according to the vet last Friday. Our little "O-Dog" is providing us with lots of entertainment and keeping us on our toes all the time. He is doing much better with house breaking, although we are still using the puppy pads for those long days when we are at work. I do come home for lunch everyday to take him out, which has been helpful on the checkbook as well, because I no longer eat out for lunch! Save money, get a puppy! Haha! Not so much, we never realized all the expenses that would come with this little bundle of energy, but he is worth every penny. Now that he is almost 6 months old, he is finally pretty close to being done with all of his vaccines and check-ups too.

I had the chance to host another alumni tour in April to the Dordogne region of France. My colleague also came along and we had a great time touring this beautiful region with 22 Northwestern passengers.

Travis and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary on Cinco de Mayo in Captiva, Florida. My aunt and uncle have a beautiful condo in the South Seas Plantation down there which we were able to stay in for the week. We had a wonderful time relaxing on the beach, cooling off in the pool, eating on the patio which overlooks an amazing marina, and watching the sunset every night. It was so nice to get away as just the two of us, and have a week to relax with no agenda.

So that's a brief update of what's been going on over the past few months...I'm really going to try to be better with this whole blogging thing!


Captiva, Florida




Dordogne, France



O-Dog! :)

2 comments:

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

Wow, beautiful pictures! Looks like y'all had a great time. And, Oliver is too cute- you must be a proud puppy mama! I think that you left me a voicemail a week or so ago & I don't think that I called you back- SORRY! I will call you soon to catch up.

Joanna said...

Aww...I love the new pictures, looks like ya'll have been having lots of fun and congratulations on the anniversary! So glad you got to celebrate in style. :) PS- I want you to be my France tourguide!