Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall in Chicago

I love fall in Chicago, the leaves falling and crunching as you walk, the smell of cool, fresh air, and pumpkins! A few weeks ago, we went to the Cedarburg Wine and Harvest Festival in Cedarburg, Wisconsin with our friends Tom and Kathy. We had fun sampling all of the local cuisine, buying wine and shopping at all of the cute shops. One shop was called Robin's Paperie. This shop is like the dream shop I hope to one day own! I even like the name, but probablly couldn't use it for some reason or another.

This fall I have a newfound appreciation for football. Typically, I can't stand to sit and watch football, but my patience must be improving this year. While the Baylor Bears aren't doing so great, the Northwestern Wildcats are doing awesome! They are 6-1, and bowl eligible, with strong chances of going to a bowl game this year. For us Alumni Relations people, this is a big deal! Let's hope they continue this winning streak and take Northwestern to a great bowl in Decmeber or January (hopefully some place warm!).

I've been sort of bogged down with this darn cold everyone seems to have for the past week, so I've really caught up on all my favorite shows such as: Jon and Kate Plus 8, The Hills, House Hunters, and more! I feel like such a couch potato, but I just don't have much energy to do much else.

I'll leave you with some photos of our time in Cedarburg, Wisconsin!



Huge pumpkin carvings


They were actually crushing the grapes with their bare feet! I hope they didn't use those grapes for the wine we bought!




Ciao!

No comments: